- Please return your books on or before the due date.
- All 1 day loans must be returned by 13:00 the next day, except for items borrowed on Fridays which are due for return by 13:00 the following Monday.
- 7 day or long loan items are due back any time before the end of the due date, up until mid-night.
- If another Library user reserves a book that you have borrowed, then we may recall it by sending you an email notice. You must return the item by the date specified on the recall notice. (7 day or long loan items are due back before mid-night on the due date, or the date specified on the recall notice.) Please note that fines are charged for the late return of books which have been reserved by another user (on hold).
- You can return books using the Return option on the self-service machines. Once you have followed the on-screen instructions to return the books, place them in the book boxes.
- When the Library building is closed you can use the book return box outside. (This book return box is closed on University closed days and at Easter and Christmas.)
- You can also return books by post but you will need to pay the return postage. Books may be returned by courier or post but the service used should give a guaranteed return within 2-3 days. All items returned should be securely packed and addressed to:
Public Services Coordinator
You will be responsible for the safe return of the item, and if it is lost while it is being returned, you will have to pay for its replacement.
For full details please consult our postal loans page.