Postal loans in the UK and Ireland
If you are a part-time student, on a distance learning course, on your placement or have a disability or additional need, you can ask the Library staff to post books out to you. If you are outside the UK, please contact your Information Specialist.
You can check Library SmartSearch to make sure we have the books in stock.
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
• Book title
• Class number (e.g. 658.8 MAR)
• Your name and the address where you would like the book to be sent
• Your Library barcode number (from your uniCARD)
• Your Aston email address. All requests and further correspondence will be done by email.
1. Long loan and 7 day loan items can be posted to you. We are unable to send you Reference copies or Inter-Library Loans.
2. It is important that you check your Aston email http://webmail.aston.ac.uk at least every other day to see if any books have been recalled because they will need to be returned by post by the new due date if so
3. You are responsible for the cost of returning the books to the Library. Books may be returned by courier or post but the service used should give a guaranteed return within 2-3 days. All items returned should be securely packed and addressed to:
Public Services Coordinator
You are responsible for the safe return of the book, and if it is lost while it is being returned, you will have to pay for its replacement