Postal loans in the UK and Ireland
If you are a part time student, a distance learner, on your placement or have a disability or additional need, you can ask the Library staff to post books out to you.
You can check Library SmartSearch to make sure we have the books in stock.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Book title
• Class number (e.g. 658.8 MAR)
• Your name and the address where you would like the book to be sent
• Your Library barcode number (from your uniCARD)
• Your Aston email address. All requests and further correspondence will be done by email. It is important that you check your Aston email http://webmail.aston.ac.uk at least every other day to see if any books have been recalled.
You can return books by post, but you will be responsible for the postage.
You are responsible for the safe return of the book, and if it is lost while it is being returned, you will have to pay for its replacement.
Please note that you will be limited to having 5 books at a time posted to you.
Postal loans to countries outside the UK and Ireland
If you are a member of staff or a postgraduate or research student living abroad, you may wish to have books posted to you. Please email email@example.com and include in your message the information requested in the section for loans in UK, but please note that the following additional conditions apply:
1. Only Long loan items can be posted to you. We are unable to send you 7 day, 1 day, Overnight, Reference copies or Inter Library Loans.
2. It is important that you check your Aston email http://webmail.aston.ac.uk at least every other day to see if any books have been recalled.
3. You are responsible for the cost of returning the books to the Library. Books may be returned by courier or post but the service used should give a guaranteed return within 2-3 days. All items returned should be securely packed and addressed to:
Public Services Coordinator