Please note that from Friday 3 April through to Friday 12 June day passes are not available to external visitors due to our busy revision and examination period.
Visitors who have been issued with an Aston University Library Visitor membership card (a green card) are welcome to make use of any of the following:
• Library SmartSearch to locate books and journals.
• The Library’s collection of books, journals and newspapers for reference only. You will have limited borrowing rights if you are a SCONUL Access member or qualifiy for membership through one of the other local arrangements. You may also pay to become a member of the Library.
• The Library’s self-service scanning facilities - scan to your own email address.
• The Library’s study facilities.
• Assistance from staff at the Help desk, whilst it is open. You are welcome to make an appointment with our Information Specialists in advance if you think you will need extra help.
• Computers, laptops, video and DVD viewing equipment are not available to visitors.
If you would like to use your laptop to access the Internet in the Library, you can request a password to connect to the Aston-LIS-Visitors wireless network from the Help desk. If you would like further information about access to books and online resources, please link to our LibGuide for Guests.
Please note: When using Library Services, visitors must abide by the Library Regulations. Any person trying to make use of Library facilities to which they are not entitled, or anyone attempting to remove materials illicitly from the Library, will be deemed to be in breach of the Library Regulations and subject to appropriate sanctions.
Library Regulations - main things to remember.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.