Visitors who are not part of a recognised scheme such as SCONUL Access can visit Aston University Library up to 3 times per year if personal identification and proof of address documents can be shown. If you would like to use the Library more than 3 times please see our Registration and Membership pages for details of eligibility.
To request a day pass, please report to the Reception desk at the Library entrance anytime between 09:00 - 17:00 Mondays - Fridays. You will need to show both:
- Photo identification (such as a passport or driving licence) AND
- Proof of home address.
- You may also be asked for proof of age.
- It is your responsibility to provide official translations of foreign documents, where necessary.
Please note: We cannot issue a day pass without both photographic ID and home address details. No exceptions can be made so if in doubt about what to bring, please contact us.
- Day passes are NOT available at the weekend.
- Please note that from Friday 3 April through to Friday 12 June day passes are not available to external visitors due to our busy revision and examination period.
24/6 opening hours and extended 02:00 opening hours
Visitors who have been issued with a day pass can use the Library as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 21:00
Facilities and services available to visitors
- If you would like further information about access to books and online resources, please link to our LibGuide for Guests. Please note: computers, laptops, video and DVD viewing equipment are not available to visitors.
- Facilities and services.
There is a gate available to those in wheelchairs or with pushchairs.