Staff working on Welcome Desk and the Help desk are aware of the enhanced services offered to students with disabilities and additional needs and will assist wherever possible. Please ask a member of staff if you need help in reaching books, clearing obstructions or re-arranging study spaces. If you need help with printers or photocopiers, please ask at the Help desk or telephone 0121 204 4525.
Help with locating information and resources
Please visit our Help desk on the ground floor. Staff can help you find information for assignments and research projects. Many databases, journals and books are available electronically and so can be used at a time and location convenient to you, both on and off-campus. You can use Library SmartSearch to search books, journal articles and more. Use LibGuides to access extra databases and to find further information on your subject.
Information Literacy and information skills
As you progress through your course, you will be offered a variety of tailored information and research skills sessions. These are often at the request of your lecturers and might include how to:
- research for assignments
- develop systematic and sophisticated search strategies to save time and improve your results
- use full-text and bibliographic databases to locate journal articles
- find company and market information, scientific and technical information, foreign language services, statistical information and newspaper articles
- use search engines effectively
- evaluate Internet resources
- recognise plagiarism and reference correctly
If you have any special requirements or need any of the handouts in an alternative format, please contact your Information Specialist who will try to get them to you in advance, or after the session. Alternatively, you may prefer to arrange an individual information skills support session with your Information Specialist at a mutually convenient time.