1. Bellary S, Barnet AH. (2009)
Genetics studies in South Asians.
Diabetes UK and South Asian Health Foundation recommendations on diabetes research priorities for British South Asians. 21-26 .ISBN 978-1-899288-88-5.
2.Bellary S, Vora J, Barnett AH. (2009)
Diabetes UK and South Asian Health Foundation recommendations on diabetes research priorities for British South Asians.2009.91-97 .ISBN 978-1-899288-88-5.
3. Bellary S. (2009)
Should South Asians have lower targets?
Clinical perspectives in Diabetes. (In press).
4. Barnett AH, Dixon AN, Bellary S:(2005)
Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease in South Asians: challenges and solutions.
Prevention, treatment and Rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease in South Asians.2005 61-83
1. Bellary S, O'Hare JP, Raymond NT, Mughal S, Hanif WM, Jones A, Kumar S, Barnett AH. (2010)
Premature cardiovascular events and mortality in south Asians with type 2 diabetes in the United Kingdom Asian Diabetes Study - effect of ethnicity on risk.
Curr Med Res Opin.Aug;26(8):1873-9
2. Rees SD, Britten AC, Bellary S, O'Hare JP, Kumar S, Barnett AH, Kelly MA (2009)
The promoter polymorphism -232C/G of the PCK1 gene is associated with type 2 diabetes in a UK-resident South Asian population.
BMC Med Genet. Sep 2;10:83
3.Raymond NT, Varadhan L, Reynold DR, Bush K, Sankaranarayanan S, Bellary S et al. (2009)
Higher prevalence of retinopathy in diabetic patients of South Asian ethnicity compared with white Europeans in the community: a cross-sectional study.
Diabetes Care Mar; 32(3):410-5
4. Bellary S, O’Hare JP, Raymond NT, Gumber A, Mughal S, Szczepura A, Kumar S, Barnett AH; UKADS study Group.(2008)
Enhanced diabetes care to patients of south Asian ethnic origin (the United Kingdom Asian Diabetes Study): a cluster randomized controlled trial.
Lancet May 24:371(9626):1769-76
5. Bellary S, Barnett AH. (2007)
Diabetes and cardiovascular disease in South Asians.
Diabetes and Primary Care.
6. Rees SD, Bellary S, Britten AC, O’Hare JP, Kumar S, Barnett AH, Kelly MA. (2008)
Common variants of the TCF7L2 gene are associated with increased risk of diabetes in a UK based South Asian population. BMC Med Genet, Feb 21;9:8
7. Bellary S, Barnett A H. (2007)
Selection and Education of patients for Inhaled insulin.
Current Diabetes Reports 7:363-368
8. Barnett A H, Bellary S. (2007)
Inhaled Human Insulin (Exubera): Clinical profile and patient considerations.
Vasc. Health Risk Manage. 3(1): 83-91
9. Varma Chittari M, Bush K, Bellary S, Kumar S, Barnett AH, O’Hare JP. (2007)
Microvascular and cardiovascular disease in the South Asians: the emerging challenge.
Pract Diab Int. 24(6):328-332
10. Bellary S, Barnett A H. (2006)
Inhaled Insulin (Exubera): Combining efficacy and convenience. Diab Vasc Disease Res.Dec, 3(3):179-85
11.Barnett AH, Dixon AN, Bellary S, Hanif MW,O’Hare JP, Raymond NT, Kumar S. (2006)
Diabetes and cardiovascular risk in the UK south Asian community.
12. Bellary S, Barnett AH:(2006)
Inhaled insulin: new technology, new possibilities.
Int J Clin Pract. June ,60,6,728-734
13.Bellary S, Barnett AH.(2006)
Inhaled insulin:Overcoming barriers in insulin therapy?
The British Journal of Diabetes and vascular disease
May/June Vol 6(3) 103-108
14.Barnett AH, Bellary S: (2006)
Novel metabolic drugs for the management of Diabetes.
Pract. Diab Int. April Vol.23 129-134
15. Bellary S, Barnett AH: (2006)
Needle free insulin: from dreams to reality.
Pract. Diab Int. Mar. Vol.23 (2) 47-48
16. Bellary S, Barnett AH: (2005)
Exubera inhaled insulin in Type1 and diabetes.
Future prescriber Vol 6(3) 2005.
17.Bellary S, Bain SC: (2005)
Bicarbonate treatment in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis’. Practical Diabetes International-September Vol.22(7) 260a
18. Bellary S, Anwar AJ, Harvey T C (2003)
The ‘Charcot Foot’.
The Lancet- Apr 5;361(9364):1225
19.Bellary S (2002)
Exercise consultation in Diabetes.
Diabetic Medicine. Oct;19(10):886