laboratory offers a wide range of research services for the food, drink
and dietary supplement sector. The services offered primarily focus on
the substantiation of psychological health claims for foods, drinks and
Whilst not an extensive list of the analytical services we offer, they include:
- Glycaemic Index (GI) testing.
- Cholesterol testing
- Assessment of stress levels (cortisol assays)
- Iron status testing
- Body composition analysis
- Dietary intake analysis
- Assessment of neuropsychological function
- Assessment of mood state
- Claim support and substantiation
- Assessment of food acceptability
- Assessment of the impact of food and food components on mood and neuropsychological function
- Assessment of the effectiveness of advertisements on consumer choice and preference
- Assessment of the effects of other variables which impact upon consumer choice and preference such as colour or packaging.
- The effects of functional foods on psychological status (e.g. mood and cognitive function).
- The effects of various induced mood states on food choice and cognitive performance.
Study design service
In addition to the analytical services offered above,
we can also offer a study design service. If you have a specific
research question relating to nutrition and behaviour, we can design an
appropriate study, collect, analyse the data and write up a report
based on the findings (either for confidential internal client reports,
for publication in academic journals or both).
We can conduct short term, long term and multi-study
research projects - these services draw on the up-to the minute
facilities housed within the laboratory and the extensive skills and
knowledge base of our team.