- August 2012 - Present Research Associate, Aston University
- November 2011-May 2012 Research Associate, Manchester University
- 2009-2012 PhD Student, Aston University
- 2008-2009 Project Co-ordinator/Research Assistant, Keele University
- The psychological impact of vision impairment
- Improving services for older people with vision impairment
- Ageing research - The experience of ageing
- Meta-synthesis of qualitative research
- Encouraging the involvement of patients and members of the public in health care research and policy development
- Thomas Pocklington Trust- "Managing general health - research into the experiences of people with sight loss. £30,000
- ARCHA studentship
- Aston University Postgraduate Poster Competition (2nd Prize) - 2012
- Aston University Postgraduate Poster Competition (1st Prize) - 2011
- Vitae Midlands Regional Hub Poster Competition (Finalist) - 2011
- Vitae Midlands Regional Hub Poster Competition (Runner Up) - 2011
'The experience of age-related macular degeneration: A case study’ A. E. Bennion, R. L. Shaw & J. M. Gibson.
British Society of Gerontology 40th Annual Conference, Plymouth University, Plymouth, July 2011.
'Using mixed methods to investigate the impact of age-related macular degeneration on quality of life' (Poster) A. E. Bennion.
British Society of Gerontology 39th Annual Conference, Brunel University, London, July 2010.
'An Evaluation of Integrated Care Services: Learning from Two Teams' S. E. Maslin-Prothero (Presenter) & A. E. Bennion.
International Federation on Ageing 10th Global Conference, Melbourne, Australia, May 2010.
Full Publication Listing
Craven, O., Hughes, C. A., Burton, A. E., Molassiotis, A. (In Press, 2012). Is a nurse-led telephone intervention a viable alternative to home care and standard care for patients receiving at home chemotherapy treatment? European Journal of Cancer Care.
Bennion, A. E., & Molassioitis, A. (2012). Qualitative research into the symptom experiences of adult cancer patients after treatments: a systematic review and meta-synthesis. Supportive Care in Cancer. DOI 10.1007/s00520-012-1573-x.
Bennion, A. E., Shaw, R.L., Gibson, J. M. (2012). What do we know about the experience of living with macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis. Social Science and Medicine, 75, 976-985.
Bennion, A. E., & Forshaw, M. J. (2012). Insights from the experiences of older people with hearing impairment in the United Kingdom: recommendations for nurse-led rehabilitation, International Journal of Older People Nursing.doi: 10.1111/j.1748-3743.2012.00318.x.
Maslin-Prothero, S. E. & Bennion, A. E. (2010). Integrated team working: a literature review. International Journal of Integrated Care, 10, 1-11.
Bennion, A. E. (2012). Review of Patient and Provider Interaction: A global health communication perspective by Lisa Sparks and Melinda Viligran. Journal of Health Psychology, 17(3), 453-455.
Bennion, A. E. (2010). Review of Psychology in the Real World: Community based groupwork by Guy Holmes. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 20(5), 434-436.
Amy Bennion/Aston University/last updated 12 July 2011