Aston University's Adult Audiology Clinic has been designed for adult hearing assessments and ear-wax removal and is aimed at any local adult patients (aged 16 and over) who require this service.
This is a newly developed teaching clinic which aims to follow in the footsteps of the University’s well-established optometry clinic. Appointments can be made via patient self-referral.
All of our services use up-to-the-minute equipment in our custom-built sound proofed booths. Audiology undergraduates from the BSc (Hons) Audiology and Foundation Degree Hearing Aid Audiology programmes are taught in the clinic under close supervision by registered, experienced practitioners. Appointments may take longer than typically experienced in audiology clinics or dispensers as we are keen to emphasise critical accuracy and ensure high standards of patient care in our training.
Our services include:
- Otoscopy – visual examination of the outer ear, ear canal and ear-drum
- Ear irrigation – troublesome wax build-up is removed through gentle water irrigation
- Pure-tone audiometry – a hearing test which measures the minimum hearing thresholds for speech and environmental sounds
- Tests of middle ear function – tests which measure the movement of the ear-drum and middle ear system in response to sound
- Microsuction - excessive wax is removed using a suction method.
Find out more: