About the course
This e-learning course will develop your competency in the statistical analysis of quantitative data for research in healthcare .
Designed for those with little experience of statistics - or those who would like to refresh their knowledge - this course begins with the basic principles of data analysis. Upon completion, you will be able to perform and interpret statistical analysis of a range of data types to an advanced level. The course is ideal for those who need to conduct research in a healthcare environment as well as those who simply need to read and understand empirical research articles.
The course is computer-based and is delivered through a private interactive web site, ideal for self-paced learning. Tutors are available online to support you as you progress through the tasks. The course is available over a 10-week period starting in October and January. Participants need to have access to a PC with a fast internet connection.
- Introduction to SPSS for Windows software
- Basic principles of statistical data analysis
- Measures of association
- Analyses of difference between two groups or conditions
- Analyses of variance of three or more groups or conditions
- Analyses of variance of more than one independent variable
- Regression analyses.