This is available for suitably qualified and registerable applicants who can demonstrate that they are currently in practice assessing and fitting hearing aids to adults. This will be demonstrated through provision of a current job description and evidence of relevant continuing professional practice (CPD).
You will need to complete the registration forms and submit them with the current fee for the course.
On receipt of all relevant paperwork you will be issued with a password which will enable you to access to an online module.
Successful completion of the non-credit bearing online module and a pass mark in the exam will enable you to meet the scope of practice required by HCPC for registration as a Registered Hearing Aid Dispenser (RHAD). The module and exam are based upon audiology-related business studies. There is no practical competency exam.
If you are unsuccessful you will need to resit the exam within 2 months and the resit fee is £100.
- Must be resident and working in the UK. (New graduates may also apply).
- Proof of recent CRB or DBS check i.e. completed within last 3 years (provide date issued and certificate number when you register)
- Signed health check declarations by your employer (send when you register)
- Current job description (send when you register)
- Evidence of relevant CPD (bring with you when you attend for the exam)
- Audiology qualifications e.g. BSc Audiology, MSc, BAAT I &II etc. (These must state that you have achieved clinical competency. If not further evidence will be requested)
When you attend Aston for your 90 minute multiple choice question (MCQ) exam you will also be asked to bring:
- Photographic proof of ID
- Evidence of Audiology-relevant CPD (KSF evidence acceptable) This can be a list of events/training you have attended
- Original audiology qualification certificates e.g. BSc Audiology, MSc, BAAT I &II etc. (These must state that you have achieved clinical competency. If not further evidence will be requested)
- Original copy of CRB/DBS check.
Please note the exam must be taken within 4 months of application and resits taken within 2 months of the original exam attempt.