The APU was opened on 1st April 2013 under the directorship of Dr David Terry and is a collaboration between Aston University, Birmingham Children's Hospital and the wider NHS.
The Steering Committee of the APU includes:
- Consultant medical staff (practicing leading clinicians and active researchers and educators)
- Pharmacists (backgrounds in academia, hospital, primary-care and community)
- Pharmacy Technician (senior hospital pharmacy management)
- Nurses (senior hospital nurses, with medicines management responsibilities)
- Public & patient involvement member (charities background)
Clinical and academic collaborators with the APU come from across the globe, including Australia, Denmark, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, and the USA.
The APU provides oversight of a number of undergraduate and postgraduate students and their research projects, from the UK and abroad.
For current research opportunities please contact Dr David Terry on firstname.lastname@example.org.