Beginning from the start of the 2013/14 Academic Year we are introducing a new way to allow you to view your timetable on a mobile phone or via your student email account using an iCalendar feed.
This service is an improvement on the existing PDF timetable you can view in MAP because it will allow any changes made to your timetable to be reflected on your calendar immediately, without having to wait overnight ( as is the case with your PDF timetable on MAP ).
Don’t worry, this is an alternative way to view your timetable and you will always be able to view your timetable as a PDF document using the links on your Student Homepage in My Aston Portal (MAP), even if you don’t choose to subscribe to your timetable feed. This new service is completely free for you to use.
Once you have added your teaching timetable to your student email account, you can also transfer your email and calendar across to your mobile phone. For more information and instructions on how to do this, visit our student e-mail support pages in the Student IT Guide at http://www.aston.ac.uk/ict/studentguide/email/#mobiles .
If you wish to add your teaching timetable to your Student Email account calendar, you can do so by following the steps below.
If you have not received your unique link by email already, visit our timetable subscription web page at https://www.aston.ac.uk/livetimetable and enter your student email address. If entered correctly, you will be emailed a unique hyperlink to your teaching timetable. Please do not share this link as it is a direct link to your teaching timetable.
Log into your student email account and view the email that you have received from us. Select the link in the centre of the email that begins with webcal://celcatweb.aston.ac.uk/livetimetable/... and select Copy to copy it.
3. Click on the Calendar link in the top right of your screen to display your calendar.
4. Right click on the My Calendars heading at the bottom left of your screen, then select Open Calendar. Adding your teaching timetable to My Calendars will mean that it can be transferred to your mobile phone, should you want to. If you add your teaching timetable to Other Calendars, it will not transfer to any other devices, like your mobile phone.
5. On the dialogue box that appears, right click in the Internet Calendar text box and paste the link you copied in step 2 into the box.
6. Click OK to add your teaching timetable to your student email account calendar.
7. You can rename you calendar to anything you like by right clicking on the name of the calendar and selecting Rename from the list that appears.
8. You can show and hide your teaching timetable by ticking and un-ticking the new calendar heading that has been added.
10. Once you have completed the above steps and added your teaching timetable to your student email account, you can then transfer your email and calendar across to your mobile phone. For more information and instructions on how to do this, visit our student e-mail support pages in the Student IT Guide at http://www1.aston.ac.uk/ict/studentguide/email/#mobiles .
Using the unique hyperlink contained in the email sent to you, you can also add your teaching timetable to numerous software packages and alternative email services. We can't provide specific support in adding your timetable to these services, but there are some links below with instructions on how to add your timetable to some popular alternative email and calendar services.
Please note: These links are to external websites and Aston University is not responsible for their content.