Although we have tried to ensure sufficient network outlets throughout the campus, it may be necessary to install a new one to meet your needs. Installing a new outlet can be a time consuming process as it involves:
Installing an outlet - this is the physical installation of cable, wall mounted socket and connection to the appropriate Wiring Center.
- Activating an outlet - once the outlet is installed it then needs to activated to make it useable for a desktop computer and telephone.
To request new outlets and their activation, please complete the form below and read the 'What happens next' instructions. There may be a network development cost associated with both of these steps.
Please note: The request must detail the quantity of the outlets required, how many are to be active and the subnet they are to work in.
What happens when your request has been submitted?
- The ISA Network Services Team will send you a quote by e-mail.
- Print the quote and return with the appropriate authorisation signatures.
- You will need to get the quote authorised by the Head of your School/Department.
- After approval, please send the signed and authorised quote to Marianne Lynne (Telephones). Shortly after you will be contacted to arrange the installation works.
- Provision and installation involves external suppliers and therefore works are subject to their availability.
- You will be sent separate IDT’s for the handset and the installation.