1. While in Finder open the Go menu and select Connect to Server... (or press command+K)
2. The Connect to Server window will open
3. In the Server Address field type the following:
where ServerName is the Server Name and SharedFolderPath is the Shared Folder Path provided by ITS, for example smb://nas/shared/its_public.
If you wish to connect to your Home Folder (H: drive) you need to enter the following:
4. If you wish you can click the + button to store this address as a favourite. By default the Connect to Server window will remember the last shared folder you tried to connect to so it's a good idea to check it works before adding it as a favourite.
5. Click the Connect button and the shared folder should open in the Finder