Like your Laptop ? Don't leave it unattended
Laptop crime is on the rise - latest statistics show that most laptops are stolen less than a few minutes after being left unattended.
By following a few simple guidelines you can make sure your laptop is kept safe
- Never leave your laptop unattended in any public location.
- Always lock rooms / offices where the laptop is kept and out of sight.
- Secure your laptop using an approved Security device
- Don't leave your valuables unattended, even for short trips to the printer or restrooms. If possible, have a friend watch them while you are gone.
- Keep a copy of the make, model and serial number in a safe place that is easily accessible in the event of a theft
It is not guaranteed that these prevention techniques will prevent the theft of a laptop computer. However, using a combination of these techniques will significantly reduce your risk of becoming a victim.