In this day and age, most of us would agree that the Internet has become an essential part of our daily lives. It is an excellent resource for many activities including socialising, shopping and even online banking. However it is also a great place for criminals looking to hijack your computer, steal your identity, as well as many other malicious activities - It is therefore important for anyone who uses the internet to also know how to keep themselves protected.
By following a few simple steps we can keep ourselves safe whilst surfing the web :
- Always check the website's Security settings before entering sensitive Information
- Always check your computer is fully protected before accessing the Internet
- Don't Forget - There's no such thing as "private" on the Internet
- Never download content if you are unsure what it is
- Turn on Internet Explorer's 'Smartscreen Filter' to prevent accessing malware infected websites