If you are experiencing any problems with your course, there are several people linked with your studies that you can talk to. Course contacts and School services are listed below.
Personal Tutor Information
EAS School Centre
You are provided with a named personal tutor who will work with you throughout your studies. Personal tutoring operates to the following principles:
Further information about personal tutoring including points of contact in individual Schools is available here:
The name of your Personal Tutor should be listed when you log into MAP. If you do not have a tutor listed here please email the Taught Programmes Team: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students respectively) to rectify this. EAS academic teaching staff also operate an Office Hours policy and publish when they are available to meet with students. These are published via WASS “Web Appointment Scheduling System” (https://wass.aston.ac.uk/wass/pages/login.page.php). Please see below for more information on WASS.
If you cannot resolve a problem with your Personal Tutor, you may wish to contact your Programme Director. It may also be necessary to meet with them to get various forms signed. Their details should be available to you on My Aston Portal (MAP). Students who are not able to contact their academic tutor or Programme Director within a day or two (or immediately in the event of an emergency) may approach EAS School Centre Reception for advice (first floor, main building). If you can not approach your Programme Director and need an appointment to see one of the School’s Associate Deans you can also approach EAS School Centre Reception to arrange this.
You are able to book appointments with an academic member of staff using Aston’s Web Appointment Scheduling System (WASS). This can either be your Personal Tutor which is listed on MAP, or a module lecturer if you are experiencing some difficulties with a module and need further help or guidance. To book an appointment with a tutor visit the link below:
1. First log-in using the same USERNAME / PASSWORD that you use for all other Aston Information Systems.
2. Search for the calendar of the tutor you wish to meet with (type in surname of lecturer) or click ‘Browse’ to give a directory of calendars. Then select ‘Search’ on the bottom right hand side.
3. A list of all matching names will be displayed. Click on ‘Make Appointment’ for the person you want to meet with. This will take you to their calendar showing when appointments are available.
4. Click on the date suitable for you, then select a time on the next screen. Clicking the + sign will open a new box, automatically populated with your details. Click on the ‘Save’ box and you have made your appointment.
5. To book an appointment with another member of staff click on the ‘Make an Appointment’ box on the left hand side and continue to follow steps 2 - 4.
EAS School Centre
The administration of your course is handled by Staff in the EAS School Centre. This is situated on the First Floor of the main building (MB133). School Centre staff will always be willing to help you where possible, it is important to keep the School/University informed of any changes in your situation.
The School Centre offers:-
Drop in Sessions
The Taught Programmes Team of the School of Engineering and Applied Science are here to answer any of your questions and queries regarding the administration of your programme/student record etc. Whilst they cannot answer academic questions they have a broad knowledge of the support services offered by the University and how to access these services.
The opening times are as follows: