Phone number: 0121 204 3484
Room number: NW308
I joined the Photonic Research group of Electronic Engineering department in October 2000. I received a Ph.D degree in Electronic Engineering in July 2007. I was a holder of the Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship in 2008-2011.
My research interests are in numerical modelling of fibre Brag gratings, in modelling fibre lasers systems. I work in close collaboration with experimentalists from the Photonics Research group.
Qualifications & Education
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- PhD in Electronic Engineering, Aston University, 2007
- Joint MSc/BSc in Mathematics, Novosibirsk State University, Russia,1983
- 2012 - date: Lecturer in Electronic Engineering
- 2008 – 2011: Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Research Fellow, SEAS, Aston University.
- 2005 – 2007: Research Associate, SEAS, Aston University
- 2000-2005: Research Assistant, SEAS, Aston University.
- 1983-1991: Mathematics teacher, College 130, Novosibirsk, Russia
I am the module owner (lecturer, tutor and lab supervisor) of the
- “Introductory Programming with Java” course(EE404B),
- "Information Theory and Coding & Teletraffic Theory" (EE401A)
- "Transition Mathematics for Engineers " (SE11EM)
My other teaching duties include supervision and moderation of MSc and Final Year projects in the Electronic Engineering department.
Recent research funding
Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowship
I am actively involved in running numerous outreach activities with local schools. It includes
- delivering lectures on Mathematics at Further Maths Conferences organised by King Edwards VI Camp Hill School for Girls
- running masterclasses at Aston University
- running workshops on programming / electronics at engineering conferences and British Science Festivals
I am a coordinator of the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies School Outreach Network.