+44 (0)1926 654 172
Professional Mentor - BEng Professional Engineering
Qualifications and Education
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, UMIST, Manchester, England(1996).
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics, UMIST, Manchester, England (1991).
- Dip. Elect. Eng., Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore (1988).
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, MMU, Manchester, England (2003).
Sessional lecturer/Academic Mentor
Main research interests are in the modelling and simulation of wind farm, HVDC systems for both dynamic and SSR/SSTI type studies. His interests also involve power quality issues involved in the connection of HVDC and offshore wind farms to the UK transmission system.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council UK), Member of IET
1. K.L.Koo, Z.Emin, F.Ghassemi and J.J.Price, “Harmonic performance specification of a VSC type HVDC”, Paper 73, Cigre International Symposium, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil April 3-6, 2011.
2. Kah Leong Koo, “Harmonic assessments for filter design specifications at U.K. National Grid Electricity Transmission System for large wind farms”, 45th International Universities’ Power Conference, Cardiff, Wales, 31st Aug – 3rd Sept 2010.
3. Kah Leong Koo, “Power Quality Monitoring in U.K. National Grid Electricity Transmission System”, 45th International Universities’ Power Conference, Cardiff, Wales, Sept. 2010.
4. Foroozan Ghassemi, Kah-Leong Koo, “Equivalent Network for Wind Farm Harmonic Assessments,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, VOL. 25, NO.3, JULY 2010.
5. Koo, K.L. (2004) Modelling and co-simulation of Wind generator control systems using Simulink interfaced to PSS/E, paper presented at the 2004 European Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition at the Wembley Conference & Exhibition Centre, 22-25th November 2004, London, England.
6. Koo, K.L. (2004) Modelling and co-simulation of AC generator excitation and governor systems using Simulink interfaced to PSS/E, IEEE Proceedings, paper presented at the Power Systems Conference and Exposition 2004, 10-13th October 2004, New York City, New York.