Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering & Design
Phone: 0121 204 3592
I am a Senior Lecturer in the Mechanical Engineering & Design at Aston University.
I am actively involved with ARCHA (Aston Research Centre in Health Ageing). I am a member of the research strand: 'Technologies supporting healthy ageing'.
Qualifications & Education
- BE in Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing
- ME in Mechatronics, University of Science and Technology Beijing
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2007 – date: Senior Lecturer, Aston University
- 2002 – 2007: Lecturer, Aston University
- 2000 – 2002: Senior Mechanical Engineer at the Global Research Center of General Electric in New York
I teach dynamics and vibrations for 2nd and 3rd year students, and advanced nonlinear dynamics for MSc students.
Micro/Nano technologies, biomedical engineering, nonlinear dynamics and control, vibrations, numerical analysis and optimization methods, time series analysis and system identification of complex dynamical systems, signal processing and information technology.
Recent research funding
- Novel Methodology for the Detection and Evaluation of Changing State In Body Functions, EPSRC, sole investigator, 2003-2006.
- Network: Advanced microtechnologies for microsurgery, EPSRC, co-investigator and main coordinator, 2005-2008.
- Submerged Micro Plate dynamics characterisation and its application for Dynamic Cell Measurement, EPSRC, PI, 2006-2010
- Development of a Smart Catheter for Endovascular Intervention, British Heart Foundation, co-investigator, 2010-2014
I have successfully supervised 5 PhD students in the area of Biomedical Engineering. If you are interested in studying for a PhD in the above areas of my research interests, Please send your CV to my email address.
Membership of Professional Bodies
Fellow of IMechE, Charted Engineer