Senior Lecturer / Director of BEng Professional Engineering Programmes
Phone number:+44(0)121 2043575
Room number: NW411
Dr Nagi Fahmi is a staff member of the Power Engineering System Group at Aston University, UK. He is currently Director of the Professional Engineering programmes. He has been Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology and Chartered Engineering since 1993. His research focuses on power system analysis and power system control.
Qualifications & education
- PhD Aston University
- MSc Power Systems – UMIST/Salford University
- DipEE (5 years Programme- Electrical Power Systems) Sudan University of Technology
- 1974 – 1976 Electrical Engineer – Union Carbide
- 1977 – 1982 Lecturer Khartoum University – Sudan
- 1982 – 1986 PG Research CEGB/Aston University
- 1986 – 1988 Consultant/ Research CEGB/Aston University
- 1988 – to date Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aston University
Lecturer on subjects related to Electrical Power Engineering and Generation in undergraduate BEng degree programmes.
MSc Professional Engineering Academic Supervisor
- Development in power system analysis, protection and active and reactive power flow control
- Stability of interconnected network and islanded systems
- Development in microcontrollers and embedded systems for process control.
- Machines and Electronic Drives
- Sensors for Medical Applications
- Research active in 'Technologies supporting healthy ageing'
- Decentralisation of Power System Voltage Control using Artificial Neural Networks
- Interest in research and development in Smart Grid Systems and HVDC links.
- Research in Microprocessor Based Bus-bar Protection Relay
- Applications of Artificial Neural Networks to Power Systems Transient Energy Margin Evaluation.
- Renewable and Low Carbon Electricity Generation
Currently supervising three Ph.D. research students
Supervisor on Project FALCON research for Network Techniques funded by LCNF
Member of Professional bodies