Reader in Nanotechnology Science
Electrical, Electronic & Power Engineering (EEPE)
Dr Ye is a Reader in Nanotechnology Science and Final Year Tutor in the Department of Electrical, Electronic and Power Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University.
Qualifications & Education
PhD in Electronic Engineering, University College London
1. Diamond based electronic devices:
a) CVD diamond growth
b) Power devices
c) Memory devices
d) MEMs and NEMs
2. Carbon-based nanomaterials for energy application:
a) Lithium battery
3. Diamond surface engineering and biomedical application:
a) Microfluidic devices
b) Cold water cleaning
c) Cell culturing and interfacing
d) Bionanoprobe for Intracellular sensing
If you are interested in joining us or collaborating, please get in touch by e-mail.
We are always keen to support post-graduate researches, visiting scholars, and emerging early-career researchers. There are a number of excellent funding options available (however, they need to be applied for 6 - 12 months in advance).
(I) Post-graduate schemes:
We are always willing to consider suitably qualified people as candidates for PhDs at Aston. If you have (or be close to completing) a first or upper second class honours degree, preferably with a Master’s degree with an appropriate background in electronic engineering, physics, materials science or electrochemistry, with an interest in nanotechnology, please contact us.
1. Commonwealth Scholarship (3 years; Fees + Allowance; Commonwealth Nationals).
(II) Post-doctoral schemes:
1. Marie Curie Fellowship (2 year; European Union).
2. Newton Fellowship (2 year; UK Royal Society).
3. Postdoctoral Fellowship (2 year; UK EPSRC).
(III) Visiting scholar schemes:
1. Royal Society Newton Mobility Grant.
2. Royal Academy of Engineering Newton Mobility Grant.
3. Aston University Visiting Scholar Scheme.
4. Royal Society International Exchange Grant.
5. Royal Academy of Engineering Research Exchange with China/India.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
- Member of Materials Research Society
Current Research Group Members
- Meiyong Liao, Marie Curie International Fellow
- Alice Li, PhD Student
- Vojtech Kundrat, PhD student
- Jamie Coathup, PhD student
- Zhe Liu, Visiting Scholar
- Bo Yan, Visiting Scholar
- Conghui Liu, Visiting Research Student