A EAS placement student will provide your company with an excellent resource. Advertising directly through us is free and you will be getting an intelligent motivated student for a year. Your placement position will be advertised to undergraduate students in EAS. The salary for a placement student at EAS is typically between £12,000 and £18,000 per year.
Furthermore, if your company is interested in offering a placement to our students then we can provide a range of facilities, free of charge, including interview rooms and presentation venue/equipment.
If you decide to appoint a EAS student, we will ask you to:
Appoint a supervisor for the student.
Participate near the beginning of the placement by providing a detailed job description and setting out a programme for the placement year.
Give the student the opportunity for real responsibility.
Monitor the student's performance, initiating action where necessary.
Encourage the student to observe a range of the company's activities and allow them appropriate access to senior management and company information.
Ensure that the student is:
- made aware of Health & Safety rules
- given appropriate training where necessary
- made aware of all company rules which might affect them
Be available to discuss the student's progress with the academic supervisor during on-site visits.
Treat the student as you would any other employee.
Communicate problems (if any) as soon as possible.
Further notes for industrial supervisors
Notes on Confidential Material
The University provides comprehensive support for both employers and students alike:
- The School Placement Office is on hand for advice throughout the year
- Each student has a Placement Tutor who will visit them at work, meet with their company supervisor and guide them through the academic work they undertake during their placement year
- Placement opportunities can be advertised to our students any time from September to July
- Students can commence employment anytime between late June to September
- Students are available for approximately 12 months (maximum of 15 months).