Here at the School of Engineering & Applied Science at Aston University, our focus is on the inter-disciplinary nature of engineering and applied sciences, the key technologies and their interactions.
- Leading-edge Engineering and Applied Science education since 1895
- Proven job prospects for our graduates
- High quality research across all subject areas which is fully integrated into teaching
- A wide range of courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate taught and Research levels
- MEng, BEng and BSc courses relevant to employers through professional accreditation and strong links with industry
- Excellent paid professional placement opportunities across all undergraduate degree courses
- One of a handful of universities chosen to be a member of the Defence Technology Undergraduate Scheme (DTUS
- New and innovative courses to prepare students for a rapidly changing workplace
- A dedicated one-stop-shop support centre for all students
Founded over a hundred years ago, Aston is an established, University known for world class Teaching Quality and Research and a Graduate Employment record that is consistently one of the best in the UK, with strong links with industry, government and commerce.
All of the University's academic, social and accommodation facilities are based on our attractive, self contained green Campus, right in the centre of Birmingham, one of Europe’s liveliest and welcoming cities. We are proud of our close-knit, safe and friendly campus atmosphere which provides the perfect environment for academic success and a fantastic social life.
Aston University offers over 300 courses at Undergraduate (first degree) and Postgraduate level (Masters and PhD Research programmes) coupled with a thriving research culture across a wide range of disciplines.
The Aston University Campus is in the centre of the exciting and vibrant city of Birmingham, home to over 50,000 students. Birmingham, Britain’s second city, is flourishing and is internationally recognised as a leader in leisure, entertainment, business, shopping, industry and sport. The city centre is a fusion of attractive squares, modern shopping arcades, diverse pubs, clubs and restaurants and fine museums, theatres and art galleries – truly a World City.
- home to over 50,000 students – a fantastic student city
- the UK’s second largest and one of Europe’s liveliest and friendliest cities
- “Europe’s new Shopping Capital” with the new £500 million Bullring mall in the city centre, complete with the stunning Selfridges building
- massive choice of cultural, nightlife and sporting attractions – our students are never bored!
- all just a short walk from the Aston University Campus
- beautiful countryside only a short journey away and more parkland than any other UK city
“Nightlife in Birmingham is thriving, and the club scene is recognised as one of Britain’s best...” (The Rough Guide to Britain)
But don't just take our word for it...
Aston’s Residential Services staff extend a warm welcome to you and hope that your stay here is a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
We are proud to be able to offer campus accommodation, which is comfortable and convenient, with over 2100 places available, all on campus. Aston also has a Guarantee Scheme in place for First Year students who put Aston as their first choice University (undergraduate and postgraduate), which is explained in our allocation policy.
Our attractive, safe, compact campus and friendly students make living in University residences a very sociable and enjoyable experience and Birmingham City Centre is only a short walk away.
Our commitment to you is reflected in our high standard of service. We would ask you to fully participate in our communal living values, where both individual and collective responsibility is positively promoted.
With your co-operation and enthusiasm we are confident you will enjoy an excellent quality of life at Aston Triangle.
Take a closer look at our accommodation
If you're still not sure that the School of Engineering and Applied Science at Aston is for you then we are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Why not drop us an email or you could call us on: 0121 204 3400.