Placement year

If you are studying in the UK with a Tier 4 or old-style Student visa and taking a placement year as an assessed part of your Undergraduate degree at Aston, you can work full time in the UK during your placement.

If your visa permits you to take employment, you can do that in addition to working on your placement.  However when you are on your placement year this counts as term time, even if it runs over normal University vacation periods, and so you should make sure you do not take more than 20 hours per week of additional employment. 

If you are at all unsure about this, please contact us. Remember you will need a National Insurance Number.

Last checked and updated 11/07/2016 LB