Working in the UK

Working during your studies
Working during your studies

Most students can work for up to 20 hours a week during term-time. Find out more...

Working in the UK on a Placement year
Taking a placement year

You can work full-time if taking a placement year as an assessed part of your course. Find out more...

Working after your studies
Working after your studies

There are various options available to you if you wish to work in the UK after your studies.

National Insurance Number
National Insurance Number

Everyone who wants to work in the UK needs to have a National Insurance number

A current visa in an old/expired passport

If you have a visa in an expired passport you may face difficulty in obtaining employment from an employer.

Find out more...

Page last checked and updated on 30 October 2015 LB




Excellent Different Distinctive