Visa advice for current students

We've put together useful information on visa and immigration issues for current Aston students. If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail, contact us for help and advice, or to arrange an appointment with one of our qualified immigration advisers.

Extending your visa

If your visa is due to expire before you have finished your course, you will need to apply for an extension. 

Authorised absences from your studies

If you have a Tier 4 Visa you must be present on campus for the purpose of your studies during term time, unless you apply for, and are granted, an authorised absence.

Informing the Border Agency of changes to your circumstances

It is your responsibility to keep the UK Border Agency up to date with your personal details. 

Registering with the Police and updating your information

Students from certain countries need to register with the police within seven days of arrival, and update the police on any changes in their circumstances

Visit visa for your graduation

You will need to apply for a general (tourist) visa and may need a letter from the University to confirm the date of your graduation. 

Visas for travel to other countries

If you are leaving the UK for a trip, you will need to think about the relevant visa application(s) in advance. 

Aston and your Tier 4 visa conditions

As your Tier 4 visa sponsor, the University is obliged to monitor your attendance and progress on your course and check you are not doing anything which breaks the conditions of your visa.

Keep Aston up to date

It is your responsibility as a Student visa holder to keep your personal details up to date on MAP.

 Page last checked and updated 21/01/2015 MR