1)The cost of a Tier 4 visa from outside of the UK is currently £322
2) Most countries (except North Korea) require you to complete an online Tier 4 application; you can access the online application form here
3) An example of the completed online form is available here:Example online application form
4) You can find out the likely processing times here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
- The Home Office have announced that it will be introducing a health surcharge for all non-EEA nationals coming to live in the UK in excess of six months. This new health surcharge will be introduced for all applications made after 6th April 2015, and will enable non-EEA nationals to gain access to the NHS.
- At present non-EEA nationals coming to the UK have access to the NHS, as if they are permanent residents. By introducing this surcharge the Home Office want such individuals to make an appropriate financial contribution to the cost of healthcare in the UK.
- The health surcharge will be £150 per year for students and £200 per year for all other individuals. Effectively, this will mean that all visa applications from 6th April 2015 will have to be accompanied by this amount, and it will be payable for the length of the UK visa being applied for. The amount will therefore be collected as part of the immigration application and the payment will be mandatory.
- You must ensure that the NHS surcharge is paid before your Tier 4 General application. To calculate your NHS surcharge please use the NHS surcharge calculator. You will need to know your course start and end dates as mentioned on your CAS.
- You can pay your NHS Surcharge using the Home Office link here.
- Once you have paid the NHS surcharge fee, you will then be given a "IHS" reference number which you need for your Tier 4 general application.