A Tenancy Agreement is the contract the Landlord will give you to sign when you have found a property you want to rent.
You do not have to sign it straight away - you should be given time to take it away to read and understand before you sign it. Book an appointment with a Student Adviser in The Hub to get your tenancy agreement checked before you sign it.
As a basic guide, a tenancy agreement should contain the following information:
- Landlord’s name and address & agents information
- The start and end date of the tenancy
- Rental amount and details of how and when this is to be paid
- Information about the deposit and deposit protection scheme
- The tenant and landlord obligations
Updated 30/05/2014 KJ