Housing advice

Information and advice on house hunting, council tax and making sure you're treated fairly. 

If you can't find the answers to your questions here, or aren't sure who to speak to about an issue, please contact the Hub who will be happy to help or point you in the right direction.

The Advice & Representation Centre in the Guild also provide advice on house hunting.

Council Tax helps to pay for services provided by local government. Full-time students can apply for exemption. 

Tenancy agreements

A Tenancy Agreement is the contract you will be given to sign when you have found a property.

Helpful advice on finding somewhere to live and making sure you're treated fairly and legally

Landlord Checks

What checks landlords will do before renting properties out and why.