The Student Recruitment and Outreach (SRO) team organises and delivers a wide range of events to encourage prospective students between the ages of 14-19 to progress to higher education.
Student Ambassadors assist the SRO team to deliver on campus events by:
- welcoming visitors
- providing information advice and guidance
- promoting life at Aston University
- co-ordinating activities
- delivering campus tours
- signposting visitors
Student Ambassadors are often the face of the University being first people that visitors to Aston come into contact with, and as such are responsible for delivering an excellent first impression.
There are no set hours for the role of Student Ambassador, and work varies depending on events and activities per week/month. It is usually possible to schedule work around study commitments.
Student ambassadors need to be available to work the following large events on campus:
- Saturday 29 October 2016
- Saturday 17 June 2017
- Tuesday 27 June 2017
- Wednesday 28 June 2017
- Saturday 7 October 2017
- Saturday 4 November 2017
Mandatory training sessions will be offered at key points during the year, which student ambassadors will be required to attend.
· Currently studying at Aston University
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience working with a variety of people from different, cultures, backgrounds and ages
· Experience working in an information-providing capacity
- Enthusiasm about University life, Aston University and their course of study
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alone and use initiative
- Ability to display enthusiasm about the opportunities available to young people at University
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions
· Knowledge of the education system
· Ability to inspire others and raise aspirations
· Ability to present to groups of people
· Knowledge of the Aston University campus
- Effective team working skills
- Good time-keeper
- Organised, responsible and reliable
Allocation of jobs
Job opportunities are emailed out to student ambassadors on a weekly basis via email. Jobs will be allocated on a fair basis, taking into account performance, reliability and the date that student ambassadors respond to the job opportunities email.
If you cannot attend an event you have been assigned to, you must let the event manager know as soon as possible so contingencies can be made. You must let us know via email or phone no later than 2 working days before the event.
Student ambassadors who do not undertake any duties within a single term or fail to give due notifications of absence from an event will cease to be retained as Student Ambassadors unless proof of extenuating circumstances is provided. This condition may be waived where the student ambassador can provide evidence of extenuating circumstances.
A three strike policy is in place. If student ambassadors get three strikes during their employment, they will not be allowed to work as a student ambassador again.