The Student Recruitment and Outreach (SRO) team organises and delivers large scale recruitment events to encourage prospective students to study at Aston University.
Event guides assist the SRO team to deliver events such as Open Days and the UCAS Exhibition on campus by;
- welcoming visitors
- co-ordinating activities
- delivering campus tours
- signposting visitors
- answering questions
- promoting life at Aston University
Event Guides are often the face of the University being first people that visitors to Aston come into contact with, and as such are responsible for delivering an excellent first impression.
All Event guides need to be available to work the following dates:
- Saturday 29 October 2016
- Saturday 17 June 2017
- Saturday 7 October 2017
- Saturday 4 November 2017
Mandatory briefing sessions take place before large events on campus.
Event guides will be required to attend the Open Day training, and at least one additional training session per year. Dates of the training TBC.
· Currently studying at undergraduate level at Aston University
· Experience working in a customer facing role
· Experience working in an information-providing capacity
- Enthusiasm about University life, Aston University and their course of study
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions
· Knowledge of the Aston University campus
- Effective team working skills
- Good time-keeper
- Organised, responsible and reliable
If you cannot attend an event you have been assigned to, you must let the event manager know as soon as possible so contingencies can be made. You must let us know via email or phone no later than 2 working days before the event.
Student ambassadors who do not undertake any duties within a single term or fail to give due notifications of absence from an event will cease to be retained as Student Ambassadors unless proof of extenuating circumstances is provided. This condition may be waived where the student ambassador can provide evidence of extenuating circumstances.
A three strike policy is in place. If student ambassadors get three strikes during their employment, they will not be allowed to work as a student ambassador again.