You asked "What about other aspects of student life at Aston?"
- 1,300 new en-suite student bedrooms opened in 2010 as part of the campus residences development. The £215 million scheme is designed to offer current as well as new students more options for living on campus, including final year students. The 2010 development included a new 3G floodlit campus sports pitch, and Martin Luther King Multi Faith Chaplaincy Centre. 1,000 more campus rooms will open in 2013.
- The financing deal for the scheme has also allowed additional investments in other facilities including the Library refurbishment and major £5m project to restore Woodcock Sports Centre, which re-opened in 2011.
- Since 2006 new sports facilities have included an extension to the campus fitness suite and a new all-weather pitch at the refurbished Aston University Recreation Centre.
- In 2009 Aston Students' Guild was refurbished with new social and public areas, offices, meeting areas and prayer facilities
- According to Guild Student Activities, a record number of students attended the 2011 Freshers' Fair and joined clubs and societies. It's not too late to get involved.