Liaison with University Staff
We believe that liaison with the Schools at Aston University is important and ensures that our activities are directly relevant to students. To this end, we are happy to:
- Be involved in any relevant meetings within your programme
- Meet with individual staff members to discuss ways we can support you in developing the academic skills of your students
What can you do?
To make our support relevant to the student, we would welcome any resources you would be prepared to share:
- Model reports/essays
- Examples of essay/exam questions
- You School/Department guidelines on referencing
- Assignment marking criteria
We would also welcome your involvement in the delivery of parts of our programmes. Post-doc researchers, for example, could be a valuable resource in providing students with real examples of the challenges of the PhD process. Academic teaching staff prepared to deliver skills-related sessions which are discipline-specific would also be most welcome to use our facilities.
University Services and Departments
We are working closely with other student support services, e.g. LIS, The Disability Team, CELCA and Counselling, and hope that effective cross-referral systems are established, so that students can receive the most appropriate support at all times.