We offer a range of learning resources - including facilities designed specifically for students with additional needs. Why not book a study room to work on your next group assignment?
Group study rooms
There are two rooms available for students to book for group work:
- Workshop room 3 has a projector & screen to practise Powerpoint presentations
- Workshop room 2 has a plasma screen TV which can be connected to a laptop to practise Powerpoint presentations.
Study skills resources
Additional study skills resources available at the Learning Development Centre include:
- A collection of study skills reference books - these cannot be taken outside the Centre.
- A list of the study skills resources which are available from the Library collection - our tutors can advise students who wish to use these resources for independent study.
- You can also ask for details of useful websites with advice and activities for developing your learning. These can be accessed from LDC laptops.
Current students and staff can access all our resources via the Learning Development Centre Blackboard Module. Our new Blackboard module offers a range of study guides, podcasts, activities and workshop slides on study areas such as maths, academic writing and revision techniques. Students are also able to sign up to our differentiated academic writing workshops for undergraduates, international students and post-graduates through the Blackboard module.