Our friendly team of specialist Maths tutors provides help on an informal drop-in basis - you do not need to make an appointment. The centre is open 10.00 am - 4.00 pm, Monday - Friday, during term time.
LDC Maths Centre
Maths support is available to all students. You can work with a tutor on a one-to-one basis, or in a small group and support can be provided in basic to advanced maths, in areas including:
- Quantitative techniques
- Statistics & Trigonometry
- Our facilities include:
- A wide range of handouts and worksheets
- A collection of engineering and maths text books for you to use in the Centre
- Access to mathematical software
- Web-based resources available, including the MathsCentre.
Students studying the following modules may find the Maths Centre particularly useful:
- AM10BM - Basic Mathematics
- AM10CO - Calculus and ODEs
- AM10TM - Transition Mathematics
- AM12EM - Engineering Mathematics
- BN1115 - Foundation to Business Analytics
- BN1116 - Introduction to Business Analytics
- PH1CT1 - Pharmaceutical Calculations
- SE0EM1 - Maths 1
- SE0EM2 - Maths 2
MathsCentre - offers advice and activities in many areas of maths. It also has sections on engineering, business, accountancy, economics, bioscience, physical sciences and health science.
Metal project - focuses on mathematics for economics students, although it is also useful for other disciplines.
Learn Higher - more useful maths resources.
For more information on how the maths centre can support your studies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org