Dr Karina Litivinova joined Aston Medical School in 2017. She is currently focusing on the development of effective diagnostics and therapy. Her research interests are in the inter-disciplinary field of laser optics and medical spectroscopy diagnostics. Most of her research specialises in advancing biophotonic technologies and ultimately providing consistent, reliable and meaningful diagnostic information within clinical practice, especially for the early diagnosis of conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Practical courses for PhD, master and bachelor students.
1. Litvinova K.S., Rafailov I.E., Dunaev A.V., Sokolovski S.G., Rafailov E.U. 2017. Non-invasive biomedical research and diagnostics enabled by innovative compact lasers. Progress in Quantum Electronics. DOI: 10.1016/j.pquantelec.2017.10.001.
2. Makovik I.N., Andrey V. Dunaev A.V., Victor V. Dremin V.V., Krupatkin A.I., Sidorov V.V., Khakhicheva L.S., Muradyan V.F., Pilipenko O.V., Rafailov I.E. and Litvinova K.S. 2017. Detection of angiospastic disorders in the microcirculatory bed using laser diagnostics technologies. JIOHS; v. 11(1).
3. Dremin V.V., Sidorov V.V., Krupatkin A.I., Galstyan G.R., Novikova I.N., Zherebtsova A.I., Zherebtsov E.A., Dunaev A.V., Abdulvapova Z.N., Litvinova K.S., Sokolovski S.G., Rafailov E.U. 2017. Multimodal optical measurement for study of lower limb tissue viability in patients with diabetes mellitus. JBO, 22(8), . DOI: 10.1117/1.JBO.22.8.085003.
4. Palmer S., Litvinova K., Dunaev A., Ji Y., McGloin D., Nabi G. 2016. Optical redox ratio and endogenous porphyrins in the detection of urinary bladder cancer: a patient biopsy analysis. J Biophotonics, 1-12.
5. Palmer S., Litvinova K., Dunaev A., Fleming S., McGloin D., Nabi, G. 2016. Changes in autofluorescence based organoid model of muscle invasive urinary bladder cancer. Biomed Opt Express, 7(4), 1193-1200.
6. Litvinova K.S., Ahmad S., Wang K., Rafailov I.E, Sokolovski S.G., Rafailov E.U., Ahmed A. 2015. A pilot study using laser-based technique for non-invasive diagnostics of hypertensive conditions in transgenic mice. 2015. Proc. SPIE 9689, 96893H.
7. Palmer S., Litvinova K., Rafailov E.U. and Nabi G. 2015. Detection of urinary bladder cancer cells using redox ratio and double excitation wavelengths autofluorescence. Biomed Opt Express, 6(3): 977–986.
8. Dunaev A.V., Dremin V.V., Zherebtsov E.A., Rafailov I.E., Palmer S.G., Stewart N.A., Litvinova K.S., Sokolovski S.G., Rafailov E.U. 2015. Individual variability analysis of fluorescence parameters measured in skin with different levels of nutritive blood flow, Med Eng Phys. S1350-4533(15), 00085-5.
9. Smirnova O.D., Rogatkin D.A. and Litvinova K.S. 2012. Collagen as in vivo quantitative fluorescent biomarkers of abnormal tissue changes, J Innov Opt Health Sci, 5(2)1250010.
10. Mashkov A.E., Kulikov A.V., Shumsky V.I., Litvinova K.S. 2011. Experience of anal insufficiency treatment using medullary transplantation in experiment and clinic. Almanac of Clinical Medicine, 25:13-16.
11. Rosa Burdi, Jean-François Rolland, Bodvael Fraysse, Karina Litvinova, Anna Cozzoli, Paolo Confalonieri, Leonarda De Benedictis, Monica Montagnani, Annamaria De Luca. 2009. Multiplepathological events in exercised dystrophic mdx mice are targeted by pentoxifylline: outcome of a large array of in vivo and ex vivo tests, J Appl Physiol, 106 (4):1311-1324.