Other professional appointments
- Senior Lecturer (Business Sustainability), Aston Business School. (January 2011 - Present)
- Lecturer (Marketing), Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham. (2003 - 2011)
- Lecturer (Marketing), Cranfield University. (1999 - 2003)
- Programme Director - MSc Marketing (2004 - 2009) Birmingham Business School
- Programme Director - MSc Marketing (1999 - 2003) Cranfield University.
(As programme director I have a combined 9 years directorship experience at both Birmingham and Cranfield, where I led the programmes through major organisational restructuring, QAA, ESRC and EQUIS exercises. I have also been responsible for major growth and expansion of the programmes.)
- Goldman Sachs Small Businesses Executive Education Teaching (May and December 2012).
- Invited Expert Speaker for Birmingham Friends of the Earth & Sustainability West Midlands, debate on the city of the future (March 2012).
- Invited Speaker, Moseley Girl Scouts – part of their Global Conservation Badge (November, 2012).
- PhD External Examiner, Judge Business School, Cambridge University (March 28, 2012).
- Session Chair, British Academy of Management (BAM), Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK. (September 13-15, 2011).
- University of Bath (May, 2011), Research Seminar, title: Theory Building Research in Sustainability and Strategic Management.
- Aston Business School (2010), PRiME Responsible Management Education Conference, invited speaker.
- Aston Business School (2010), International HRM Conference, plenary speaker.
- External Examiner - Warwick Business School and Kingston Business School (2004–2010).
- Track Co-Chair for Sustainability and Session Chair, 2009, Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Baltimore, USA.
- Session Chair, Academy of Marketing Science (USA), Baltimore, USA, (May, 2009).
Previous Professional Experience
Prior to my academic career, I worked in both the fresh foods and hi-tech retail and distribution sectors in both the UK and the Far East, where I held international marketing management posts involving significant amounts of travel and large budgetary/income responsibilities.
I also have a wide range of consultancy, facilitation and corporate research experience for clients such as Unigate plc., Unipart plc., Barclays Bank, IBM-UK, Wincanton Distribution Services, Euromonitor plc., the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the FAO.