As a member of Accounting Group in the business school I'm currently teaching financial and sustainability accounting at the undergraduate level and postgraduate levels.
In addition, I'm supervising four doctoral students working on the research theme of NGO accountability and another two on sustainability reporting. I'm also engaged in supervising and postgraduate students.
My main teaching interest is in the area of SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING and INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING.
I taught the following modules successfully at all levels of the undergraduate course in Sheffield University Management School (SUMS):
- MGT 119 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- MGT 102 Introduction to Management Accounting
- MGT 211 Intermediate Management Accounting
- MGT 301 Financial Accounting
- MGT 302 Financial Reporting Theory (including social & environmental accounting)
At Aston I've successfully taught the following undergraduate and postgraduate modules:
- BF 1101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- BF 1162 Financial Accounting: an international perspective
- BF 2211 Financial Accounting
- BF 1169 International Accounting
- BFM 221 Financial Statement Preparations
- BFM 155 Sustainability Accounting and Accountability [Online Module]
- BFM 223 Sustainability Accounting and Accountability
- BFM 236 Financial Accounting and Reporting
- BFMDISS, MSc Dissertation
- BUP100, Undergraduate Placement Assessment
- DR2SUP, Doctoral Supervision 2
- XPBA01, Placement
As part of Aston Business School's Internationalisation Programme in 2005 I delivered a course on International Accounting to a group of postgraduate students at the University of Toulouse, France. I also delivered the same course in 2008 at the University of Regensburg, Germany. During the period of 1994-1997 I've also taught at the University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. I have worked as an external examiner for doctoral theses in the UK and abroad.