This event will have four components:
Exploring world class Practice: Professor Des Evans (retired CEO of MAN UK) and Richard Liversidge, GE Power, will explain how servitization takes place in practice, the benefits potential, and illustrate how innovative services can look in practice.
Understanding thought leadership: Professor Tim Baines and his team will draw together the world’s leading concepts and principles of servitization and business model design, and translate these into a relevant and succinct guide for practitioners.
Applying business model design: The Aston team will then lead delegates through a carefully orchestrated workshop that applies the leading practices in business model design to innovate an advanced service for your business.
- Build your own business support model: Work collaboratively with executives to design and plan an ongoing model to share knowledge and learning with Aston and the manufacturing business community.
10.00-10.45: Registration and networking.
10.45-11.00: Welcome - delivered by Professor Tim Baines.
11.00-11.30: Des Evans, Honorary Professor Aston Business School and former CEO, MAN Truck & Bus UK. "Changing business models and mindsets: How one of the UK’s leading truck manufacturer transformed itself into a solutions provider and went from being a £50m revenue business to a £500m revenue business".
11.45-12.15: Richard Liversidge, Senior Account Manager at GE Power. "Transforming business models in the UK power generation industry: The services-led value proposition of GE Power.
12.45-15.45: Workshop: Designing a services business model for your company.
- Competitive strategy context of Business Model Design
- Business Model Design, processes and examples.
- Developing your “customer value proposition” for advanced services:
- Targeting the right customer
- Exploring customer pains and gains
- Identify the new offering for customer offer
15.45-16.00 Review, concluding remarks and the next steps.
This is a practical, structured workshop where each delegate will walk away with a new service offering and business model for their company.
The Advanced Services Global Forum format is structured to accommodate up to two persons per business participation for fee of £250.00.
All enquiries regarding this event, please contact Jill Forrest on +44 (0) 121 204 3249 or email: email@example.com