The Aston India Centre for Applied Research (AICAR) is the platform for India related research activities at Aston University. The objective of AICAR is to enable the creation and dissemination of multidisciplinary knowledge that will significantly help both researchers and practitioners to improve operations and performance of corporations in India or with Indian interests. The Centre then creates the opportunity for interdisciplinary and coordinated research and consultancy into emerging themes suitable for firms operating/interested in India. It brings together the expertise of world-renowned scholars and practitioners to carry out cutting edge research, which is relevant to today’s dynamic business environment.
Our key activities include:
- Collaborate with researchers across the globe to pursue cutting edge research.
- Offer a platform for constructive research-led dialogue, networking and exchange of information between businesses and academia.
- Disseminate research findings within the wider business community and provide a wide range of research, consulting and networking opportunities for corporations and institutions in the UK and India.
- Offer nurturing and challenging environment for developing both doctoral students and new researchers seeking to develop expertise in applied research.
- Facilitate productive partnerships with India based organisations and institutions.
AICAR regularly hosts visiting scholars and practitioners from India. Over the past decade or so, researchers at the Centre have successfully conducted research projects in 200 + India based firms in different sectors.