Why study Business?
- Business is both a theoretical and a practical discipline
- Provides a clear framework for making decisions in the ‘real world’ of work
- Links directly into future career prospects
- Can provide a grounding in a range of specialist careers eg Marketing, Accounting, Law, Human Resources
Why choose Aston Business School?
'The wide range of courses, the location of the campus, excellent facilities and a world class reputation – Aston was always the ideal choice'
Zhe Tang, Management & Strategy graduate
- We consistently perform well in annual rankings
More information on ABS rankings >
- We are a Triple-accredited Business School – EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA
- We offer excellent graduate employment prospects
- We have professional placement and study opportunities
- We were awarded an excellent research rating in 2008
- We achieved 24 out of 24 for Teaching Quality Assessment
- We can offer you extensive accreditation and professional exemptions
Our degree programmes are informed by the needs of business and are designed to give our students the academic knowledge and the commercial and management skills to become graduates whom employers actively seek out. Our placement year gives our students the practical experience that cannot be replicated in the lecture room, giving them a definite advantage in the graduate job market.
Our graduates are some of the most employable in the country and are very successful in securing the types of jobs that require an education to degree-level. When our 2010 graduates were surveyed it was found that of those employed nearly 88% had secured a graduate-level position within the highly competitive graduate job market. This far exceeded the national average for business graduates which stands at 61% (DLHE 2010 graduates).
Globally, we are amongst just 1% of business schools to have achieved triple accreditation from three independent business authorities; EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. This is just one of the reasons why publications like the Times Higher Education Supplement have described us as 'best for business'.