Value: Up to £10,000, paid in three instalments per year. Part-time loans capped at £5,000 per year.
- Available for UK nationals ordinarily resident in England. EU, EEA or Swiss nationals ordinarily resident in the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
- For postgraduate Masters degrees in all subjects, including taught and research programmes.
- Available for full-time, part-time and distance learning courses.
- Full-time courses - up to two years (depending on the length of the course). Part-time courses - up to four years (equivalent to a two-year full-time course). Part-time study must be at least 50% of a full-time course.
- For courses beginning on or after 1st August 2016.
- Applicants must be under 60, without existing qualifications at Masters-level or above.
Administration: Loans will be issued and managed by the Student Loans Company.
Key dates: Application form available online from the end of June 2017.
Further Information: SFE PG Loan Guide
Note: This is a repayable student loan, not a scholarship.