INSPIRING LESSONS FROM BUSINESS LEADERS
Our Business Transformation Master Classes are designed to reveal the stories behind real responses to change in successful organisations.
The following Master Classes were delivered at Aston Business School's state of the art Conference Aston facilities in central Birmingham.
Previous Business Transformation Master Classes
Driving Organisational Change In the third of a series of Business Transformation Master Classes, the Centre for Executive Development at Aston Business School presented Roger Nielsen, Associate Director (Workforce Development), Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, who will expanded on driving organisational change:
- The main drivers of change in a provider organisation.
- Theory and practice of change management, following the case of a major health care challenge.
- The creation and maintenance of partnerships to successfully address and implement organisational change.
- Reflections on lessons learned.
Watch the video capture and slideshow of Roger Nielsen's presentation.
Download a PDF of Roger Nielsen's presentation.
Jacobs: a Global Engineering Enterprise
In the second of a series of Business Transformation Master Classes, the Centre for Executive Development at Aston Business School presented Bob Duff, Group Vice President of Jacobs Infrastructure.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services. With revenues of nearly $10 billion, Jacobs attributes success to the strong and long-term relationships their people build with their clients.
Bob presented on:
Download a PDF
- How Jacobs has changed over the last 5-10 years and how the organisational leadership profile has consequently evolved
- The impact and the role that management development has played in this process and the contribution from executive development partners such as Aston Business School
- Key learning points and reflections from his experience of leading his organisation’s development of future leaders.
of Bob Duff's presentation. Download a synthesis of the discussion group feedback
Carillion: Transforming a Locally-Rooted Enterprise
In the first of a series of Business Transformation Master Classes, the Centre for Executive Development at Aston Business School presented Susan Morton, Group HR Director, Carillion plc.
Carillion plc is one of the UK's leading support services and construction companies, employing around 50,000 people with an annual revenue of around £5bn and operations across Britain, Europe, Canada, the Middle East, North Africa and the Caribbean.
Susan presented on:
Download a synthesis of the discussion group feedback
- The challenges and changes Carillion has navigated in the last decade
- How leadership at Carillion evolved over that period
- The impact of Carillion’s Leadership Programme and contribution of development partners
- Key lessons as an HRD on building the capability of your people to secure sustainable success