The cry for innovation is everywhere. How can we do more with less? How can we turn inventions into commercial reality? How can we grow existing activity and create new markets? Sustainability belongs to those who innovate – to lone geniuses who start from scratch and to those open to adopt relevant approaches that have worked elsewhere.
What is the Building Open Innovation programme?
Co-designed by Aston Universiity and InnovationXchange (IXC), the Building Open Innovation programme introduces a process for Open Innovation that can be conducted between separate business units within an organisation and also between organisations. This programme unpacks seven key organisational capabilities for hard-wiring innovation into your organisation.
Who is the programme for?
Individuals who lead and are tasked to manage:
- Continuous Improvement
- High Performance Teams
- Transformational Change
What will I gain from the programme?
By applying the 3-phased, 7-step model pictured below within their organisational and the broader supply chain, participants will be able to:
- Build a capability for indigenous open innovation.
- Champion the practice of open innovation within their organisation and between their organisation and external partners.
- Identify individuals best placed to contribute to this process, and know how to elicit and obtain their contribution at appropriate junctions to foster innovation.
- Lead in the creation of a culture for innovation.
- Inform, contribute to and influence the strategy for innovation.