Application for Replacement Degree Certificate

The Degree Certificate issued by Aston University as proof of the conferment of the award of a degree is a unique and valuable document which should be carefully stored by its recipient.

The destruction or loss of the certificate is a serious matter and a replacement will only be issued at the discretion of the Director of Registry and Planning.

To apply for the issue of a replacement certificate, you should complete all relevant sections of the Application for Replacement Degree Certificate Form.

You need to sent us a hard copy and sign the declaration in Section B in the presence of a Magistrate, Commissioner for Oaths or Practising Solicitor (applicants residing overseas should normally complete this declaration through a British Embassy or Consulate, or other Crown representatives). Replacement certificates, if issued, may be in the current format which may not be the exact format of the original. This will not affect the validity of the certificate.

The completed request must be posted to the appropriate contact shown on the form.The email contact details are available for you to send any queries or to email receipts as necessary. We charge an administration fee of £40.00 which can be made via Aston University's Online Store.

Replacement certificates will not usually be created due to a change of name, for instance following marriage or divorce.  Degree certificates can be reissued following gender reassignment.  Please contact Registry for further information.

If you are an employer or an agency wishing to verify the award of an individual please use the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service as outlined here.

Page reviewed January 2015