Academic Appeals Procedure

After the results of your assessment and/or examination(s) have been agreed and issued to you formally in a transcript or letter by your School, if you feel dissatisfied with your results you can appeal to the University by writing to the Secretary of the Academic Appeals Committee. Please use the Academic Appeals Proforma. The Academic Appeals Procedures apply both to students on taught programmes and to those following programmes by research. You should note that there is no right of appeal against the academic judgement of examiners. Disagreement with the academic judgement of a Board of Examiners in assessing the merits of an individual piece of work or in reaching a decision on a student’s progress or on the final level of an award, based on the marks, grades and other information relating to the student’s performance, cannot in itself constitute grounds for an appeal.