Security arrangements in the University aim to protect people and property. These include alarms and CCTV systems, as well as a uniform patrol service 24/7.
Security staff are highly trained and provide a focal point for all incidents and the implementation of emergency procedures.
However it is also the responsibility of every individual working, visiting or studying at the University to be vigilant about security. Take as much care of your personal belongings and the equipment in your department as you would at home.
- Take responsibility for yourself on a night out
- Keep your drinks with you at all times
- Avoid isolated places especially at night
- Stick to well-lit routes where there are people in sight
- If you are going out late, try to tell someone where you’re going and what time you expect to be back.
- Never get into a taxi on the street unless it is a black cab. Only use the private hire cab recommended by the Guild
- Don’t accept lifts from strangers
- Don’t leave purses, bags, laptops and other valuables unattended