Your involvement in, and support of the Aston community is always warmly welcomed.
Let us know how you think we should be celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2016. What events would interest and attract you and your contemporaries? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
How You Can Contribute
There are a number of ways you can contribute your time and expertise.
- Join our Linkedin and Facebook communities. It's the best way to stay connected to your fellow alumni and Aston.
- Mentor a current student
- Provide relevant work experience through a placement or internship for an Aston student
- Attend an alumni and friends event in the UK or around the world
- Host an alumni event or social activity - contact Andrew Harris, Executive Director of Campaigns at alumniInfo@aston.ac.uk
- Join or start your local chapter - they can be city, region, or interest based – visit our alumni website
- Give a lecture – contact alumniInfo@aston.ac.uk
- Make a gift to the Aston Annual Fund that supports bursaries and other projects that benefit our students by visiting our make a gift page
- Join The Charter Society (see below).
The Charter Society
Donors giving £1,050 or more to the University in a single academic year are identified as members of The Charter Society, recognising the significant support given by alumni in this celebration of 50 years since the granting of our Royal Charter.
Being a part of this Society will inspire your peers and fellow alumni to consider their gifts to Aston and remind others of the importance of supporting higher education.
We will be holding an exclusive annual reception for Charter Society members, offering a chance to speak personally with the Vice-Chancellor and to hear from guest speakers, including celebrated academics and alumni, giving an update on the University, forthcoming changes in higher education policy, and the importance of philanthropic support.
Gifts can be made by setting up a monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit, or through a single gift by cheque, CAF voucher, credit card or a gift of shares. UK taxpayers may take advantage of Gift Aid to make a gift.
Many companies operate a matching gift scheme that will double the value of charitable gifts made by their employees. If eligible, this gift can also contribute towards your total.
All alumni and friends of the University are invited to join The Charter Society and, as a result, increase their engagement and input into the future life of the University. We offer opportunities to build relationships with other Charter Society members and senior staff which is beneficial both to themselves and to the University.
If you are interested in joining The Charter Society, please contact Jonathan Carter, Development Executive at email@example.com
Or if you think you might help us in any other way, contact Andrew Harris, Executive Director of Campaigns at AlumniInfo@aston.ac.uk
Thank you for your support